UPDATE

AS OF JANUARY 1, 2013 - POSTING ON THIS BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE 'DAILY'. SWITCHING TO 'OCCASIONAL' POSTING.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Man Accused in Four Deaths Sought Internet Romance


NYNEWSDAY -- A man accused of killing four people in Pennsylvania was "a quiet person that can surprise people with a sudden outburst," according to an entry he made on match.com. "Looking for a relationship without all the head games," read the profile. "Prefers cozy evenings at home, but a night on the town can be just as fun. Would like to meet someone who can express their feelings."

Castor confirmed the profile belonged to Eichinger, a supermarket customer service representative. Match.com only removed the profile after being contacted by the newspaper.

Kristen Kelly (Match.com spokeswoman) said the site investigates and removes customer accounts whenever complaints are received, and that it typically depends on members and law enforcement for notification of problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure Match.com follows up and investigates customer complaints...NOT. I wrote them five times about a predator. I had evidence and sent that to them. It was not until I told them that I went "under" on their site and was writing women warning them of this predator that they removed HIM; they also politely removed me too and said my membership was detrimental to their online member community and if I had a problem with it I could contact their attorney! MY MEMBERSHIP was detrimental. YIKES. Money hungry mongers who care nothing about the safety of their online member community. I did succeed in getting the predator removed though, but it was not easy.